Sunday, March 15, 2009

I don't know what happened to the other one...SO

See now, every so often I will get the urge to write. Not like a novel or even a short story, but when the desire comes I figure why not have an outlet? That is why the name of my blog is sporadically. I don't expect myself to update this regularly...or even semi-regularly.... only sporadically. (And yes, this word came into my dictionary because of Clueless... "I hope not sporadically..." etc etc.)

Before I go any further I want to say that I am extremely disappointed that this program does not have a built in thesaurus. I am terrible with word choice and use is regularly in word. You could even say that I use it the antonym of sporadically.

Why the urge now? Why suddenly do I have this desire to take what is in my noggin and lay it out? Procrastination and Frustration. I have a paper due...actually a lit review. Its 8 pages. I never thought that 8 pages wouldn't seem that long to me, but it doesn't. I can spew out 8 pages in about two days time when necessary (or even more and faster if necessary) but I just don't like to.
I am tired of school work. I am in no way shape or form tired of learning. I am just tired of having to prove that I understand. Tired of practicing skills. With the profession I plan to go into I understand that paper writing will be a part of the job, but not like this.
I could explain myself better. But then it would feel like an assignment and I don't want that. I know what I mean and I am going to not write it. Ooo...feels good.

Lets see, what else do I WANT to write (ie. Not HAVE to write)?

I somehow had it in my head that my remaining two semesters here at this lovely college were going to be easy. Nope. I was wrong. Not only do I have two stressful semesters ahead of me, but I also have a fabulous winter online class to look forward too.
I want to be done with school. Or at least this part of it. I'm 24...and I will be 25 by the time I graduate. I need to move forward. No more delay. I've had fun. Time to be an adult.
NOT that I think being an adult can't be fun, I just think that maybe I have to pause the fun for a few moments (year or two) so I can get to the fun again.
Again...I am feeling the need to say more - to explain exactly what I mean. But I don't want to. So I am stopping that thought. I understand it.

Moving on!

Maybe I will work out tonight. There are several classes I like to attend at the rec center. I am not sure if my possible work out buddy would be interested in attending one particular class. Actually I don't think they would be interesting in attending either class, but for different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment